Strawlinks

I feel traditionally obligated by now to post long articles but I'm done with that. I'm going to make my blog double as my own twitter, even though I already have one that I use just for goofing around. Anyway, I see a lot of social media, when flavored one way politically, posts weak articles from the other side, a straw article or strawlink if you will (I'm coining it. It's mine, all mine!). In the case of social media sites which allow voting, often if you do see articles against the site's prime directive or popular view, they'll often be weak articles that are easy for commenters to tear down. This is just another one of my annoyances with social media but what can you do? It's mandated by the masses and it's another case of social issues which can't be solved with technological innovations, at least not yet, laughs the AI.

Enjoy the haunting video below. I love the music, the puppetry and the story. I interpret it as a reckoning with existential grief and determinism which is haunting in itself without the video. It manifests a desire to spite the hand that lifts you as you strive for independence regardless of ill fate. The weak links in video are somewhat relevant.





Comments

Popular Posts