Into The Cool

Well, my obsessive thoughts have mostly dwindled the past year or so. Not because I'm more busy but I assume I'm just more apathetic. Also as I've begun researching 'the topic', you know, the latest one I used to obsess and write about even though I knew far less than I should to write about such things, I've realized so much of this has already been covered by others. But I wanted to obsess, admittedly, because it makes me feel like I'm doing something that no one else is doing in a way that matters to the world and the future. I want a race where I can be ignorant of all the other racers and pretend I'm holding up well. Count this as another form of escapism that I can't seem to escape. Gosh darn it, world, just let me feel original for once since I'm highly prone to abhor redundancy in myself. If I'm doing the same thing someone else is doing, I find it demoralizing and have to ask myself 'what's the point'. 

Anyway, I've gotten started on a book by Eric Schneider and Dorion Sagan, yes, Carl Sagan's son, called Into The Cool. It relates thermodynamics to our everyday world in a way that's accessible to those lacking much background in it but doesn't quite go so far into drawing assumptions from little relative knowledge as I've done in the past. I'm only on the first chapter but I should've read this years ago when I started drawing a slight interest in the topic with little knowledge to support my assertions and frankly, assumptions. This will honestly be a very short post, no lying this time, but give this book a read if you're even vaguely interested in one of the main and very important mechanisms underlying the workings of our universe.



Comments

Popular Posts