Religion of the Day

Today's religion is Discordianism. My favorite part of it:

"The religion has been likened to Zen, based on similarities with absurdist interpretations of the Rinzai school, as well as Taoist philosophy. Discordianism is centered on the idea that both order and disorder are illusions imposed on the universe by the human nervous system, and that neither of these illusions of apparent order and disorder is any more accurate or objectively true than the other."

A religion that realizes there's as many truths, or ways to live, as there are people while also not taking itself seriously, or that's my take on it. It reminds me of Church of the Subgenius. Though Wu Wei Taoism is my natural go-to philosophy since it's like the yin to my yang. That philosophy and mindset tends to balance out my more natural instincts to try use force rather than flow to traverse through life. The catch is, it's hard to take any of those seriously without succumbing to the nature of what they're against. (Sigh)  Such is my life.



Comments

Popular Posts