I had another one of my crazy ideas for drawing electrical power. I'd use a turbine hooked up to the plumbing to drive an electrical motor that would be hooked to a battery. The pressure from the plumbing could provide a bit of electricity if I had none.


After googling, come to find out as usual I'm not that original in my ideas. It seems to have already been thought of and invented. I also thought about using the free electricity from the home phone line to charge my iphone when I had no power. Needless to say, it didn't work since, as I've heard, the telco can usually detect excess electrical draw and I assume that's what was happening since the 5v I was getting off the line eventually went down to 2.5v and then 0, if I recall correctly. I didn't investigate it that well, just well enough to be assured I won't fry my iphone.

Sometimes I come up with these stupid ideas and think I could be on the verge of something new, original, and something financially rewarding. The world never fails to let me know about my lack of originality.

Comments

Popular Posts